Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Full Disclosure

OK... I'm not the only Sparkle Pony on the web. Let's review:

I chose this user name, inspired by a post in this online chat with the Washington Post's Dan Froomkin, because I loved the glittery, pink girlishness of it all, and I thought it would be a great way to frame political satire. But, lo, I rushed to create an account at Blogger without checking around first, and I feel like I'm stepping on a few toes.

So here's a list of the Sparkle Ponies who preceded me:

1. Sparklepony at Deviant Art. May or may not be a princess, but is actually a female.
2. www.sparklepony.com. Somebody, not me, has been squatting on this address for years.
3. Sparklepony @ Sir Jeffs. Good lord! Not safe for work! This is NOT me.
4. SparklePony. OK... this is actually a real horse.
5. Princess Sparkle @ Livejournal. Not much going on here.
6. Princess Sparkle @ Blogspot. Nothing going on here!
7. Princess Sparkle: A Rachel Bilson Fansite. Who?

And there are more, if you care to check around. So there you have it. I'm not the first Princess Sparkle Pony, but a quick Googling reveals that in three months' time, I have come to rule them all! Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew about www.sparklepony.com because I keep accidentally typing it in.

Sparkplepony the horse gets all the sugar cubes she wants, so I'm not sure if you really are the queen of the sparkleponys yet.

Civic Center said...

You be careful out there on the internets, Princess, and don't step on the toes of any of those naked ladies at Sir Jeff's.

Of course you rule.