Oh, goodness, the humiliation continues today for Larry Craig. For those of us who follow this sort of thing, it's deliciously delayed gratification, because Blogactive told us all about the senator's tearoom fandom last October. Oh, sure, none of the major news outlets paid attention to the story then, but they're all reporting it now!
But what of the scene of the crime? I mean... the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport? I don't know, it doesn't scream sexy to me. The whole public-restroom-sex scene, I must say, has never captured my fancy, although I've got to admit that I've seen some fascinating... documentaries... on the subject.
So anyway, how did the MSPI bathroom, the one near the shoeshine stands, get to be so hot? How did randy hairdressers find out about it? Why, on cruisingforsex.com (link not safe for work!), the exhaustive and exhausting guide to international glory-hole hotspots, natch! There you'll see the whole sordid tale, from singing this particular tearoom's naughty praises to the inevitable warnings that busts (like Senator Larry Craig's!) are taking place. Here's some excerpts of reviews from the airport lavatory's *ahem* glory days:
- "I was just there and it is still the place to go. I was in there all day and watched several men [pleasure themselves]. One was a TSA agent. He was [pleasuring himself] hard and watching me under the stall. We [pleasured ourselves] so hard he could not help but moan with delight. This is the place to be with a layover."
- "FYI to visitors: it's the bathroom to the left once you get out of security checkpoint two. This place is unbelievably hot! I sat in a stall for less than five minutes and had two Northwest Airlines employees sit on either side of me, both tapping their feet. They took turns [pleasuring me] under the stall. Then one passed me a note to follow him upstairs. We finished off in a little-used bathroom one floor up. I came back to play some more with the other employee, but he had left. It wasn't too much of a problem, however. The next guy to get in the stall next to mine was gym-built and begging to get [pleasured]. I will definitely come back to this spot!"
- "Read about this hot spot today and stopped by after getting off my flight. I walked around the corner and a hot, tall, [well-endowed] man was [pleasuring himself] at the urinal. I joined in and motioned him into a stall, sat on the toilet and [pleasured] him until he [had a happy ending]. I didn't get off so I killed some time, came back, stood at the urinal for a few minutes and another guy walked in, turned to glance at my [genitalia], proceeded into a stall, I chose the one next to him and before I knew it we were grabbing each other under the stall. Then his ass came down and squatted and I [pleasured him] until I [achieved a happy ending]. Hot!"
Hott! Ah, but the warning signs were there as early as January, 2007. One could say the writing was on the wall:
While flying through here last weekend I noticed a white shirted security guard standing in the middle of the hallway for nearly two hours within view of the entrance to the bathroom. He had a walkie-talkie.
Uh, oh! That's what cruisingforsex.com calls a heads-up! And sure enough, nothing lasts forever, and in June, dismayed public sex aficionados breathlessly reported to the site the series of busts which ensnared the shamed Republican senator (and Mitt Romney supporter) from Idaho:
- "I just got busted here. Young white guy sitting in the stall, waiting for you to show cock and then he flashes his badge. I think he and his partner tag team. They cruise lots of sex sites looking for guys to set up."
- "Twenty people were arrested within the past week. Plainclothes officers wait in the stalls and tap their feet and even put their foot on yours and then arrest you when you look under the stall wall. This is a very homophobic group."
- "Just a heads up. I exchanged some messages on Craigslist about meeting a guy here, actually pretty tame exchanges. He told me what he was wearing and I sat in the stall next to him. When I showed him my [poultry-related euphemism for male genitalia], I got busted. I won't be doing that again, obviously."
And neither will Larry Craig! Well, not there, at least.
And if you'll pardon me, I have to go wash my hands for about an hour. In my own bathroom.